Moss & Barnett works as a strategic partner to keep our clients relevant and competitive in the digital economy, handling complex commercial agreements, cybersecurity incident response plans, and asset acquisition planning and execution.
We counsel clients on the use of the internet and cloud technologies to complement their business needs. Our experience includes:
- B2B and B2C e-commerce transactions
- Cyber security insurance review
- Web hosting agreements
- Subscriber agreements
- User interactive pages
- Participation on cyber incident response teams
- Bandwidth capacity agreements
- Regulatory compliance on database security, privacy, and spam
From small closely held businesses to large national companies, our clients increasingly depend on software and technology applications and must navigate a hazardous online platform. We help develop best practices for conducting e-commerce transactions that fit clients’ business models and industries, and we also provide cybersecurity training and strategic planning for potential cyber incidents.
Counselors to the Tech Industry
The pace of e-business is fast, and we move quickly to help clients capture new opportunities and markets. Moss & Barnett offers clients a wealth of knowledge and experience in technical fields as diverse as:
- Fiber optics
- Internet infrastructure
- Computer software
- Computer hardware peripherals
- Data storage devices and their manufacture
- Over-the-top video
As a full-service firm, Moss & Barnett offers clients access to our lawyers’ knowledge and professional networks in such related areas as business transactions, intellectual property, corporate, and litigation matters.
- Cybersecurity strategic planning and response. We provide cybersecurity training, including individualized guidance based on company practice, for client employees. In addition to helping develop strategic response plans for clients in a variety of industries, we serve on several incident response teams to provide guidance on compliance requirements, liaise with law enforcement, and contribute to development and implementation of the public relations strategy.
- Web hosting services agreements. We advise Moss & Barnett’s accounting firm clients – many of which have large regional or national client bases – on web hosting service agreements. In one transaction, we advised on the creation of a master services agreement (MSA) that called for construction of a dedicated third-party data center to host and support our client’s applications. We structured the MSA to allow the accounting firm’s clients to have exclusive use of the data center infrastructure, with appropriate service-level obligations and payments terms structured to meet our client’s objectives.
- Contracts creating a client interactive site. We assisted in the development of contract documents required to create a client’s interactive site, which allowed our client’s personnel to collaborate and communicate with its clients. We help develop sites designed to integrate, manage, and maintain customer information systems with the following elements: marketing, sales, contracts, inventory, order management, purchasing, projects, privacy, billing, call center, and field service. One client’s existing information systems were not integrated and therefore created data discrepancies. We helped review and prepare the underlying documents to provide for an integrated information system with the required functionality, business rules, and liability protections.
News & Insights
- Richland, Washington, 05.02.2019
- Post-Pandemic Hybrid Work from Home: Is Comfort Worth the Risk? Cybersecurity and Data Privacy ConsiderationsMoss & Barnett Advocate (Spring 2021 edition), 05.26.2021
- Footnote, a publication of The Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants*, 09.01.2015
- Fall 2010 Firm Newsletter, 10.01.2010