Shannon primarily focuses on representing lenders who originate and sell loans secured by multifamily projects to secondary market investors Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. Within this practice, Shannon prepares and negotiates loan documents; reviews legal opinions; examines title, survey, and other due diligence; and works with all transaction parties to ensure a smooth closing.
Moss & Barnett has become one of the leading law firms nationwide in representing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae lenders. The firm has closed thousands of these loans in every product line, including:
- Portfolio and capital markets executions
- Credit facilities and other structured transactions
- Tax-exempt bond and other targeted affordable housing programs
- Seniors housing
- Manufactured housing
- Small-balance loans
These transactions span the spectrum of deal structures, including joint ventures, tenancies-in-common, ground leases, master leases, condominiums, phased developments, preferred equity, and investment funds. Shannon maintains a database of analysis and documentation and has developed efficiencies to close a large volume of transactions.
With many loans now being pooled and securitized, Shannon focuses on structuring single-purpose entities and examining the many legal issues necessary for compliance with Standard & Poor’s U.S. Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) Legal and Structured Finance Criteria.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Shannon was a lawyer at a boutique business law firm, where she focused on real estate, tax, and related litigation matters.
As a law student, Shannon competed in multiple moot courts, including Rosalie Wahl, Vale Corporate, and the Florida Bar’s National Tax Moot Court.
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.; Law and Business Certificate
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.S.
- U.S. Tax Court
Honors & Recognitions
CALI for the highest grade in Tax Practice and Procedure
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Mitchell Mentor, advising and assisting first-year law students at Mitchell Hamline College of Law