Nate represents closely held businesses and financial institutions with focuses on commercial real estate, secured and real estate-based lending, automobile and marine dealerships, construction trades, health care, and professional services.
Nate has extensive experience representing commercial real estate owners and developers in areas of acquisitions, sales, 1031 transactions, development, leasing, and financing matters. In addition to his real estate practice, Nate also represents numerous non-real estate businesses in areas of mergers and acquisitions, financing, succession planning, risk management, and general operational and contract issues. His financial institution experience includes representing lenders in loan and participation transactions, loan restructuring and work out matters, mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions, and corporate governance. In addition to his representation of financial institutions, Nate has served on the board of directors of a local bank and bank holding company, including serving on the bank’s director loan committee.
- Represented global real estate development firm in negotiation and closing of ground lease transaction for build-to-suit development and sublease and subsequent sale of ground lease interest.
- Represented purchaser of automobile sales and service facility, including acquisition of business assets and real estate and acquisition financing.
- Represented purchaser of power equipment sales and service facility, including acquisition of business assets and real estate and acquisition financing.
- Represented numerous commercial real estate investors in acquisitions and sales in connection with forward and reverse 1031 exchanges.
- Represented commercial real estate investor in a series of joint development multi-family residential development projects that included forward and reverse 1031 exchanges, construction financing, and opportunity-zone investment.
- Represented Minnesota-based bank and bank holding company in its sale of bank assets to another financial institution.
- Represented Minnesota-based bank holding company in the sale of its stock in subsidiary bank to another financial institution.
- Serve as external general counsel for Minnesota-based real estate firm with a significant industrial/warehouse portfolio, handling acquisitions, sales, and leasing matters.
- Serve as external general counsel for one of the largest domestic automobile dealers in five-state region, handling acquisitions, sales, general contract matters, and risk management.
- Represent numerous financial institutions in the origination of construction financing, real estate acquisition, and asset-based lending facilities.
University of Iowa College of Law, J.D.; Executive Editor of Iowa Law Review
Washington University in St. Louis, B.A., cum laude
- North Dakota
News & Insights
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Spring/Summer 2023 edition), 08.15.2023
- Midwest Real Estate News, 01.05.2023
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Real Estate Finance for the Rest of Us – Understanding Financial Terms and What’s Negotiable, Bridge Loans and More2023 Real Estate Institute, St. Paul RiverCentre, 175 West Kellogg Boulevard, St. Paul, MN 55102, 11.02.2023
- Minnesota Multifamily Finance & Technology Summit, Golden Valley Country Club, 7001 Golden Valley Road, Golden Valley, MN 55427, 09.22.2023
- Chair of the Board of Directors of the former TwinWest Chamber of Commerce (2019)