Maggie focuses her practice on real estate finance transactions. She primarily represents institutional lenders in the financing of commercial and multifamily housing projects around the country and the sale of loans to secondary market investors such as Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Maggie has closed numerous transactions involving complex deal structures, including joint ventures, tenancies-in-common, ground leases, condominiums, phased developments, preferred equity, and investment funds. In her capacity as lender's counsel, Maggie handles preparation and negotiation of loan documents, examination of due diligence, and the closing of loan transactions. She regularly analyzes and resolves title and survey issues, and she advises clients on deal structuring and compliance with the requirements of Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae programs. Maggie also represents national loan servicers in a variety of matters, including loan modifications, assumptions and transfers of interests.
Moss & Barnett has become one of the leading law firms nationwide in representing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae lenders. The firm has closed thousands of these loans in every product line, including portfolio and capital markets executions, credits facilities and other structured transactions, targeted affordable housing programs, seniors housing, manufactured housing and small-balance loans. Maggie has significant experience across this range of products. She works with clients to efficiently close their loans and deliver exceptional service to borrowers.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Maggie clerked for the Honorable William D. Robbins of the Second Judicial District in Denver, Colorado. She then practiced natural resources law in Colorado, representing independent oil and natural gas producers in the acquisition, development and operation of mineral properties.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing of a $29,000,000 loan secured by a multifamily housing project in Texas, which Freddie Mac then purchased under its Moderate Rehabilitation program. The Moderate Rehabilitation loan product is highly specialized, and this loan represents one of only a handful of such loans originated to date.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing a portfolio of three loans totaling nearly $100,000,000 secured by three affordable multifamily housing projects in California.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing of a $8,000,000 loan secured by an affordable multifamily housing project in Little Canada, Minnesota.
- Honorable William D. Robbins, Colorado District Court, Second Judicial District / Denver County
University of Colorado Law School, J.D.
- Member, Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy
- Member, Environmental Moot Court Competition Team
The College of William & Mary, B.A., History and English Literature
Honors & Recognitions
Minnesota Rising Stars (2021)
News & Insights
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Listed to Minnesota “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” Lists for 202107.20.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- Summer 2017 Firm Newsletter, 08.21.2017
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Member, Communications Committee of the Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver County Bar Association
- Wyoming State Bar Association