Maggie focuses her practice on real estate finance transactions. She primarily advises lenders regarding the financing of commercial and multifamily housing projects and the sale of loans to secondary market investors such as the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corp.
Moss & Barnett has become one of the leading law firms nationwide in representing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae lenders. The firm has closed thousands of these loans in every product line, including:
- Portfolio and capital markets executions
- Credit facilities and other structured transactions
- Tax-exempt bond and other targeted affordable housing programs
- Seniors housing
- Manufactured housing
- Small-balance loans
These transactions span the spectrum of deal structures, including joint ventures, tenancies-in-common, ground leases, master leases, condominiums, phased developments, preferred equity, and investment funds. Maggie maintains a database of analysis and documentation and has developed efficiencies to close a large volume of transactions.
With many loans now being pooled and securitized, Maggie focuses on structuring single-purpose entities and examining the many legal issues necessary for compliance with Standard & Poor’s U.S. Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities (CMBS) Legal and Structured Finance Criteria.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing of a $29 million loan secured by a multifamily housing project in Texas, which Freddie Mac then purchased under its Moderate Rehabilitation program. The Moderate Rehabilitation loan product is highly specialized, and this loan represents one of only a handful of such loans originated to date.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing of a portfolio of three loans totaling nearly $100 million secured by three affordable multifamily housing projects in California.
- Represented lender in the origination and closing of an $8 million loan secured by an affordable multifamily housing project in Little Canada, Minnesota.
University of Colorado Law School, J.D.; member, Colorado Journal of International Environmental Law and Policy; member, Environmental Moot Court Competition Team
The College of William & Mary, B.A., History and English Literature
News & Insights
- Summer 2017 Firm Newsletter, 08.21.2017
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association – Communications Committee of the Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver County Bar Association
- Wyoming State Bar Association