Madeline is a member of Moss & Barnett’s litigation team with a focus on construction law. Madeline has represented contractors, subcontractors, and insurers in both residential and commercial projects as well as in both the public and private construction sectors. She has experience in all phases of construction litigation, including drafting and negotiating construction contracts, pre-litigation risk assessment, construction defect claims, jobsite accidents, delay and acceleration claims, mechanics’ liens, insurance coverage disputes, and procurement issues. Madeline also has significant mediation, arbitration, and trial experience.
- Represented developer of a North Dakota apartment complex in foreclosure action that included alter ego and fraud claims. This case involved a three-week jury trial in North Dakota and subsequent appeal to the North Dakota Supreme Court.
- Represented subcontractor in arbitrations for projects done for the Minnesota Department of Transportation and Wisconsin Department of Transportation. Obtained dismissal of claims from general contractor and award for subcontractor.
- Drafted and negotiated construction contracts and settlement agreements for subcontractors and contractors.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D., cum laude
University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, B.A., Mass Communications and Sociology of Law, Crime, and Deviance
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
News & Insights
- Pro Bono Representation, Tubman Safety Project
- Volunteer, Secondhand Hounds