Kathy represents lenders, borrowers, and servicers in connection with complex real estate and other commercial transactions, focusing on the areas of multifamily housing, finance development, and servicing. She primarily represents lenders who originate loans that are later sold to Freddie Mac, for multifamily housing projects around the country.
As lender’s counsel, Kathy prepares and negotiates loan documents; reviews legal opinions; examines and analyzes due diligence items, including entity organizational documents, trust documents, regulatory agreements, and other real estate agreements; identifies and resolves title and survey issues; negotiates title insurance coverage; and works with borrowers and title companies to ensure a smooth closing.
Kathy has wide experience representing lenders and servicers in a variety of servicing matters, including loan modifications, assumptions, transfers of interests, easements, condemnation/eminent domain, partial releases, forbearance agreements, and other borrower consent requests.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Kathy clerked for the Honorable David E. Christensen and the Honorable Timothy K. Connell in southwest Minnesota (Pipestone County and Rock County).
- Honorable David E. Christensen, Pipestone County District Court, Minnesota District Court's Fifth Judicial District
- Honorable Timothy K. Connell, Rock County District Court, Minnesota District Court's Fifth Judicial District
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.; cum laude
University of Washington, B.A., Philosophy and Speech Communications
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Moss & Barnett Announces New Shareholders: Kathy Y. Allen, Kelly C. Engebretson, Brittney M. Miller, and Alex R. Schoephoerster01.20.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- CBRE Multifamily Conference, JW Marriott Chicago 151 West Adams Street Chicago, IL 60603, 04.26.2018
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association