In her real estate law practice, Beth focuses on multifamily housing finance. She primarily represents lenders in connection with the financing of multifamily housing projects and the sale of these loans to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
Beth also regularly advises and counsels clients on navigating the complex issues related to mortgage foreclosures. Additionally, Beth provides representation to both buyers and sellers in all phases of acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential real estate projects.
Moss & Barnett has become one of the leading law firms nationwide in representing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae lenders. The firm has closed thousands of these loans in every product line, including:
Portfolio and capital markets executions
Credit facilities and other structured transactions
Tax-exempt bond and other targeted affordable housing programs
These transactions span the spectrum of deal structures, including joint ventures, tenancies in common, ground leases, master leases, condominiums, phased developments, preferred equity, and investment funds. With many loans now being pooled and securitized, Beth focuses on structuring single-purpose entities and examining the complex legal issues necessary for compliance with Standard & Poor’s U.S. Commercial Mortgage-Backed Securities Legal and Structured Finance Criteria.
Beth has considerable experience representing lenders in the financing of multifamily projects, and she has been instrumental in the development of the firm’s small-balance loan and targeted affordable housing practices.
- Representing lenders in connection with the financing of multifamily housing projects and the sale of these loans to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae.
- Representing lenders in connection with the closing of affordable housing loans through Freddie Mac’s pilot Targeted Affordable Housing Express program.
- Routinely works on the closing of large portfolio loan transactions involving multifamily projects located in multiple jurisdictions.
- Serves as local counsel on Minnesota transactions, which includes review of documents for local law issues and the issuance of related opinions.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.
Macalester College, B.A.
Classes / Seminars Taught
- "Freddie Mac Small Balance Loans: The Legal Side" – Client Training, Newport Beach, CA, May 9, 2017
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- John P. Boyle and Jana Aune Deach Elected to Board of Directors and Beth A. Gliedman Elected a Shareholdersof Moss & Barnett05.02.2019
- Freddie Mac Convential Loan TrainingClient Webinar, 10.21.2020
- CBRE Multifamily Conference, JW Marriott Chicago 151 West Adams Street Chicago, IL 60603, 04.26.2018
- Real Estate E-Newsletter, 04.01.2010
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Volunteer, Scouts BSA