Negotiating Construction Contracts
"No one else is questioning that." Who hasn't heard that when negotiating a construction contract. Contract terms are negotiable and you need to understand what to ask for and how to present your position. This seminar is a opportunity to hear an experienced Minnesota construction attorney address key issues that will help you protect your company’s interests and assets. We will cover:
- What the General Contractor wants to hear.
- The importance of Scope Clarification.
- Clearing up Scheduling Questions.
- Delegation of Design Responsibility.
- Understanding General Contractor concerns that can work to your advantage.
- Changes & Extra Work.
- Indemnification Provisions.
- Additional Insured Provisions.
- Stop Work Provisions.
- Contingent Payment Provisions.
- Contract Termination Provisions.
The presentation and ensuing discussion will also give you the opportunity to learn how other subcontractors have handled similar issues.