Contract Documents – Instructor
The Associated General Contractors of America’s Supervisory Training Program (STP) is a construction-specific training curriculum developed, updated and field-tested by and for contractors. Supervisory skill – or the lack of it – directly affects every company’s bottom line. You make your money in the field, and STP can help you improve your organization’s bottom line. The comprehensive 6-course program focuses on the knowledge and skills that every supervisor must have to be an effective manager of people, time, equipment and materials.
Unit 4 | Contract Documents
This course will provide information about contract documents and construction law to help supervisors recognize the roles and responsibilities of all contracted parties, to develop an understanding of how contract documents can be helpful to solve problems and resolve conflicts, and to develop positive relationships between all parties in the construction process.
- Introduction to contract documents and construction law
- Creating a positive environment through partnering
- Contractual relationships
- Contract forms and documents
- Managing general conditions
- Good documentation practices
- Differing site conditions
- Time impacts
- Negotiation of resolutions