How to Modify Construction Contracts
Aaron Dean, a Twin Cities based construction lawyer, will provide a presentation about the four ways to modify a construction contract. Mr. Dean will provide examples from recent trials and arbitrations representing contractors who commenced suit to collect payment and defended claims by owners or general contractors. Mr. Dean is a former President of the Minnesota Subcontractors Association and former Chair of the Construction Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association. He has been named to Super Lawyers for more than 10 years. In 2019, Mr. Dean represented a subcontractor who obtained an approximate $1.7 Million Arbitration Award against an out-of-state general contractor and represented a general contractor and obtained an approximate $1.2 Million Arbitration Award and complete defense of a $15+ Million claim against a project owner.
In this seminar, you will learn:
- How to preserve your company’s rights when asserting Change Order Requests and signing Change Orders.
- How to respond to a Construction Change Directive issued by an Architect or Engineer.
- How to get paid faster and in full.
- How to obtain a quicker contract Close Out and defend against backcharges/deducts at the end of the project.
- How to preserve your rights to 18% interest and legal fees while pursuing payment claims.