“I like to view the law as a toolbox rather than as a roadblock. My focus is on helping my clients build their businesses, lives, and communities using the tools the law gives us.”
Peter is an experienced securities and emerging company lawyer for the Greater Minnesota business community. He acts as outside general counsel for his clients, with a focus on serving early-stage companies and the entrepreneurs who build them. His background as a securities lawyer lends itself particularly well to companies selling securities and raising capital to fuel their growth.
Peter is tightly connected with and actively engaged in the Greater Minnesota startup community. He also represents (and forms) private investment funds, particularly those investing in private companies at the angel or venture capital stage.
Additionally, Peter maintains an investment advisor regulatory practice, in which he prides himself on providing business-savvy compliance advice to wealth managers.
- Helped launch an angel investment fund focused on the Greater Minnesota soft-tech community.
- Assisted a startup venture with preparing a private placement memorandum, securing Series A investments, and closing the funding round.
- Helped a startup company reorganize its corporate structure and settle its corporate records after unsatisfactory work by prior counsel.
- Assisted retail investment advisor with the formation of a limited-purpose broker-dealer.
University of Wisconsin Law School, J.D.; magna cum laude; executive board, Wisconsin Law Review
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, B.A.
News & Insights
- Minnesota CLE Conference Center, 600 Nicollet Mall #370, 3rd Floor, City Center, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 08.26.2019