Aaron focuses his practice on general real estate and commercial real estate finance transactions. Aaron's background in real estate and finance allows him to guide businesses, individuals, and families through major transactions and life events.
Aaron represents clients through all stages of a transaction, including negotiating, structuring, and closing complex real estate transactions. He prepares initial sale and loan documents, negotiates title insurance coverage, identifies and resolves title and survey issues, and prepares all documents necessary for a successful closing.
After graduating from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, Aaron clerked for the Honorable Sheridan Hawley, chambered in Minnesota’s Tenth Judicial District. Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, he was in private practice in Minnesota and Texas, while focusing his practice on real estate and business transactions. Aaron is a passionate attorney who believes that attention to detail is the secret of taking each transaction from good to great.
Acquisitions, Dispositions, and Leasing
Aaron counsels clients in the negotiation and preparation of letters of intent, purchase agreements, leases, easements, and closing documents. He is also experienced in the examination of title and legal due diligence.
Commercial Real Estate Finance
Aaron has considerable experience representing companies in complex transactions involving office, industrial, hospitality, retail, agribusiness, and multifamily projects. He represents both owners and lenders, providing insights from both sides of the negotiating table into sale and loan documents, while managing expectations, and addressing his clients’ concerns.
Moss & Barnett is a leading law firm nationwide in representing Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae lenders. The firm has closed thousands of these loans in every product line, including:
- Portfolio and capital markets executions;
- Credit facilities and other structured transactions;
- Tax-exempt bond and other targeted affordable housing programs;
- Seniors housing;
- Manufactured housing; and
- Small-balance loans.
These transactions span the spectrum of deal structures, including joint ventures, tenancies-in-common, ground leases, master leases, condominiums, phased developments, preferred equity, and investment funds.
- Served as outside counsel for numerous privately owned companies in a variety of industries, including banking, manufacturing, construction, retail, agribusiness, real estate, and professional services.
- Assisted local and national private equity firms with add-on acquisitions and corporate governance.
- Represented a medical technology company on an $19 million purchase transaction.
- Represented a manufacturing company on a $15 million sale transaction.
- Advised many agribusiness clients on development, purchase, sale, and succession transactions.
- Advised lenders, developers, and retailers in commercial real estate lease, finance, sale, purchase and development transactions.
- Honorable Sheridan Hawley, Minnesota District Court, Tenth Judicial District
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, J.D.; Law and Business Certificate; Dean’s List; Editor, Mitchell Hamline Journal of Public Policy and Practice; Competition Team, Rosalie E. Wahl Moot Court; Research Assistant to Associate Dean Mehmet Konar-Steenberg; Minnesota Justice Foundation Public Service Award
University of Northern Iowa, B.A., Real Estate and Finance
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 01.05.2023
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Winter 2023 edition), 03.21.2023
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- State Bar of Texas