Randy has served on the Minnesota Chapter 7 panel since 1998 and the Minneapolis panel since 2003. During that time, he has served as trustee in over 15,000 cases and has been a plaintiff in hundreds of Adversary Proceeding actions. He has served as trustee in several notable Chapter 7 cases, including the cases of Dennis Hecker and Petters Capital, LLC.
With his extensive experience in bankruptcy and bankruptcy litigation, Randy has developed a wealth of experience and knowledge about both the investigation and litigation of bankruptcy related matters.
What Randy enjoys most about his practice area is the investigation of the financial affairs of debtors, which often results in the recovery of substantial sums for the benefit of creditors of those debtors.
- Recovered over $30M as trustee in Petters Capital, LLC, Bky. 09-43847
- Recovered over $9M as trustee in Dennis Hecker, Bky. 09-50779
- Served as a trustee/plaintiff in hundreds of Adversary Proceedings in Bankruptcy Court
- Served as trustee in over 15,000 Chapter 7 cases
- Represented several other Chapter 7 trustees in litigation matters
- Since joining the trustee panel in 1998, has administered Chapter 7 cases in Mankato, St. Cloud, Duluth, and Minneapolis
- Served on Chapter 7 Minneapolis panel since 2003
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., cum laude
Michigan State University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Honors & Recognitions
Attorney of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer (2010)
News & Insights
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section – Bankruptcy Practice Committee (Member)