Kelly assists businesses and individuals with their litigation needs, including commercial and business disputes, construction disputes, shareholder disputes, professional liability claims, personal torts, and a variety of other areas. Kelly also provides regulatory and compliance counsel for public utilities and represents those clients before state regulatory bodies in litigation matters.
A former clerk for the Minnesota Court of Appeals, Kelly also handles appellate litigation matters at both the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Minnesota Supreme Court.
- After successfully recruiting more than half of another company’s workforce, client was sued for $8 million for the theft of trade secrets, including employee disloyalty, breach of non-solicitation agreement, and aiding and abetting. After a three-week jury trial in North Dakota federal court, the jury returned a verdict in favor of our client on all counts.
- Client purchased a business condominium unit with a leaky roof. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to settle the claim, a bench trial was held. The judge returned a verdict in favor of our client, finding that the business condominium owner had intentionally misrepresented the condition of the roof to our client prior to sale.
- Drafted an amicus brief to the Minnesota Court of Appeals on behalf of a trade association client and received an opinion favorable to the trade association’s position.
- Represented a telecommunications company that exited the wireless business and terminated its fixed wireless service. The withdrawal of service was substantially more complicated than terminating wireless service, and significant advocacy was necessary at the Federal Communications Commission and the state regulatory commission.
- Honorable Margaret H. Chutich, Minnesota Court of Appeals
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.; summa cum laude; executive editor, William Mitchell Law Review; CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Employment Law; third-best oralist at the National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Competition
Cornell University, B.S.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
Honors & Recognitions
Minnesota Rising Stars (2020-present)
Best Lawyers: One to Watch (2022-present)
News & Insights
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America and Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch for 202408.17.2023
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Winter 2023 edition), 03.21.2023
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch, and Best Lawyers "Lawyers of the Year" for 2023The Best Lawyers in America, 08.18.2022
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Selected for Inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America for 2022The Best Lawyers in America, 08.19.2021
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Spring 2021 edition), 05.26.2021
- Moss & Barnett Announces New Shareholders: Kathy Y. Allen, Kelly C. Engebretson, Brittney M. Miller, John M. Schmid, and Alex R. Schoephoerster01.20.2021
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Listed to Minnesota “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” Lists for 202007.20.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Risk and Accounting FirmsPresented to multiple Minnesota-based Accounting Firms, 11.10.2022 and 11.11.2022
- Minnesota Super Lawyers Magazine 2021, 07.22.2021
- USA Bandy, 12.16.2019
- Summer 2016 Firm Newsletter, 07.18.2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Telecom Alliance
- Board member, American Bandy Association
- Board member, Friends of the Oval
- Board member, WATCH
- Moss & Barnett solicitor and captain of the associates campaign, Legal Aid Society – One Hour of Sharing
- Member, U.S. Women’s National Bandy Team