Patrick T. Zomer practices in the areas of utility regulation, commercial lending, and business law. In his work with Moss & Barnett's regulated industries team, Pat focuses on state and federal regulation of the energy and telecommunications industries. He is also a member of Moss & Barnett’s banking and commercial transactions team and assists banking clients with all aspects of commercial lending transactions. In addition, Pat provides business law advice and counsel to clients of all sizes, helping them navigate business and corporate laws, obtain or facilitate financing, and address data privacy issues.
Pat practices principally in the areas of :
- Administrative law
- Business law
- Commercial lending
- Corporate law
- Data privacy
- Energy regulation
- Utility regulation
In his representation of clients, Pat draws upon private sector corporate experience. Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, he clerked in the office of general counsel at Xcel Energy Inc., focusing primarily on regulatory and data privacy matters. He also previously worked as a consultant in Charles River Associates’ energy and environment group.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of St. Thomas School of Law, Pat served as publications editor of the school’s law journal. Pat currently serves as a Director of the St. Thomas School of Law Alumni Association Advisory Board and is a mentor in the St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship program.
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Business Law
- Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Regulated Industries
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Public Utilities Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) / US
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., summa cum laude; "University of St. Thomas Law Journal," Publications Editor
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, B.A., magna cum laude
- St. Thomas School of Law Alumni Association Advisory Board – Director
- St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program