Pat Zomer works with public utilities, banks, closely held businesses, and municipalities on utility regulation, commercial lending, and business law matters. In his work with Moss & Barnett's energy and public utilities team, Pat helps clients achieve positive regulatory outcomes before both state and federal regulatory bodies. More > Pat is also a member of Moss & Barnett’s banking and commercial transactions team and assists banking clients with all aspects of commercial lending transactions. More > Pat provides business law advice and counsel to clients of all sizes, focusing on business formation, financing, sales and acquisitions, and structural issues. More > Finally, Pat works with small and medium telecommunications companies on state and federal regulatory issues. More >
Pat draws upon private sector experience in representing his clients. Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, he clerked in the office of general counsel at Xcel Energy Inc., focusing primarily on regulatory and data privacy matters. He also previously worked as a consultant in Charles River Associates’ energy and environment group.
A summa cum laude graduate of the University of St. Thomas School of Law, Pat served as publications editor of the school’s law journal. He currently serves as the President of the St. Thomas Alumni Association Advisory Board and has been a mentor in the St. Thomas Mentor Externship program.
- Regulated Industries
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Business Law
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Public Utilities Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Telecom Alliance – Associate Member
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP) / US (inactive)
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., summa cum laude; "University of St. Thomas Law Journal," Publications Editor
- Middlebury College, Middlebury, VT, B.A., magna cum laude
- St. Thomas School of Law Alumni Association Advisory Board – Director
- St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program