Todd represents financial institutions throughout the United States in their commercial real estate lending investments. He negotiates, structures, documents, and closes complex transactions, including multiple-property portfolio loans, multiple-jurisdiction portfolio loans, and leasehold financing transactions.
Todd has broad experience handling complex loans for a full range of properties, including multifamily, hotel, office, industrial, retail, medical office buildings, medical facilities, golf courses, marinas, and commercial condominiums.
Clients and other parties to transactions appreciate Todd’s efficiency and responsiveness as well as his creative approach to solving problems and resolving disagreements between parties. He draws on extensive contacts and relationships with mortgage bankers, title companies, property owners, and counsel across the United States in order to effectively close transactions.
- Led a multiple-state and -property industrial portfolio transaction on behalf of a lender.
- Led a $65 million loan transaction for a multiple-property apartment portfolio loan that involved a complex mortgage assignment process.
- Handled a complex ground leasehold financing transaction on behalf of a lender for a medical office building.
- Served as national office leasing counsel to a Fortune 50 company.
Hamline University School of Law, J.D.; magna cum laude; Hamline Law Review
University of Minnesota Twin Cities, B.S., Natural Resources
Classes / Seminars Taught
- “Representing a Landlord in Lease Negotiations While Keeping the Property ‘Financeable’ in the Eyes of a Lender,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Annual Real Estate Institute (November 2013)
- “Real Estate Refresher,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Annual Business Law Institute (May 2013)
Honors & Recognitions
Elected Fellow of American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL) (2014)
Minnesota Rising Stars (2004-2011)
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 01.05.2023
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Lambda Alpha International Land Economics Society
- American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL)
- Board of Trustees, Minnetonka Public Schools Foundation (2017-present)
- Board of Directors and general counsel (2009-2016); Steering Committee (2008-2012); Leadership Twin Cities Program (2007-2008) – Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce