Kendra’s practice focus is twofold, including both business law and estate planning as well as the intersection of those needs for her clients. She helps corporate business owners and family businesses achieve their business and succession planning goals. Kendra also advises business clients on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and business succession planning, always with an eye toward financial and estate planning needs.
In her business law practice, Kendra counsels businesses and entrepreneurs on all stages of business formation, governance, and sale, and she advises privately held companies on the full range of legal issues they confront on a regular basis, including mergers and acquisitions, shareholder relationships, statutory compliance, drafting and reviewing agreements, and other general legal and business concerns. She represents clients in a wide range of industries, including manufacturing, sports and entertainment, food and beverage, medical, real estate, construction, and services.
In her estate planning practice, Kendra advises on a range of estate planning tools and regularly prepares wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and health care directives and powers of attorney. Kendra tailors each plan to the client’s individual needs and desires.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Kendra worked at a boutique law firm, where she analyzed and litigated avoidance actions in corporate bankruptcies and represented Fortune 500 companies in commercial litigation and collection matters. With experience advising on both litigation and transactions – and having worked with both insolvent and healthy companies – Kendra brings unique insight to the legal and business advice she provides to clients.
In 2013, Kendra helped found the Minnesota chapter of the International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, an international organization devoted to connecting and promoting women in the insolvency and restructuring industries. Prior to entering private practice, Kendra served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Annette Plese of the Spokane County Superior Court in 2009 and in the Washington Court of Appeals, District III, in 2010.
Gonzaga University School of Law, J.D.; associate editor, Gonzaga Journal of International Law
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
News & Insights
- Member, Minnesota State Bar Association – Bankruptcy Section
- Member, International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC)
- IWIRC-Minnesota Network – Immediate former co-chair (March 2017-present); Co-chair (March 2015-March 2017); Vice-chair (March 2013-March 2015); Co-founder (March 2013)
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Board member, TMA Minnesota Chapter
- Kendra has represented pro bono clients in general business matters through the LegalCORPS business advice clinic. She has also advised pro bono clients in immigration law matters.