Josh’s practice spans many areas of civil litigation and business law. As a litigator, he focuses primarily on complex commercial disputes, construction litigation, tort claims, accountant law cases, and appellate work. Josh litigates in state and federal courts, at both the trial and appellate levels, and handles cases in alternative dispute resolution proceedings such as mediation and arbitration.
Josh also advises businesses large and small on a variety of non-litigation matters. He is particularly experienced in drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, such as international distribution agreements, intellectual property licenses, and large asset purchase and sale agreements. Additionally, Josh counsels businesses on entity formation and human resources matters.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Josh was a lawyer and shareholder at a firm in Billings, Montana.
- Won appeal in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit reversing a district court judgment in a multimillion-dollar breach of contract case concerning the use of algorithmic software to direct the trading of commodity futures contracts.
- Won appeal to the Montana Supreme Court obtaining reversal of a trial court decision in a construction dispute and securing a recovery of approximately half a million dollars for the general contractor client.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.; magna cum laude; staff member, Journal of Law and Inequality; student attorney, Civil Practice Clinic
Baylor University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Montana
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit
Honors & Recognitions
Minnesota Rising Stars (2019)
News & Insights
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Montana State Bar Association