Elise focuses her practice on construction and commercial litigation. She enjoys working with clients to understand the specific issue or dispute at hand and formulating a plan to best address each client’s individual goals. Elise has experience advocating for and advising owners, general contractors, and subcontractors on a variety of matters, including payment, construction defect, and termination disputes.
- Represented general contractor defending against claims of non-payment and seeking damages caused by subcontractor’s delay and defective construction.
- Represented owner of multi-building development defending against dozens of mechanic’s liens in North Dakota.
- Represented general contractor on prompt payment claim and dispute over sufficiency of plans and specifications.
- Represented general contractor in dispute with subcontractor over subcontractor’s abandonment of the project.
- Represented numerous homeowners seeking recovery through the Minnesota Contractor Recovery Fund.
- Represented owner of data center in claims for defective construction, design, and maintenance.
- Represented general contractor in action seeking declaration against insurance company that covered loss occurred.
- Represented subcontractor on payment bond claim.
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude; editor, William Mitchell Law Review; Secretary, William Mitchell Minnesota Justice Foundation; American Association of Justice Mock Trial Team; Warren E. Burger Inn of Court
Iowa State University, B.S., History, summa cum laude
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
News & Insights
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Construction Law Section Governing Council (2019-present)