“Find a group of people who challenge and inspire you, spend a lot of time with them, and it will change your life forever.”
– Amy Poehler
As Moss & Barnett’s marketing director, Debbie supports the firm, its lawyers, and its professional staff in their communications and service to clients, community, and professional organizations. She is the motivational and organizational force behind many of Moss & Barnett’s highly successful public initiatives, including the firm’s social media presence, newsletter, website, communications, media relations, advertising, events, seminars, and more.
Debbie began her career with Moss & Barnett as a legal assistant more than 35 years ago. Since assuming marketing responsibilities in 2006, she has skillfully leveraged her in-depth knowledge of Moss & Barnett’s culture and clients to facilitate and support the firm’s brand awareness and business development efforts.
Minnesota Lawyer honored Debbie’s excellence and commitment by recognizing her as one of the state’s “Unsung Legal Heroes,” an award for Minnesota’s most “talented and dedicated legal support professionals.” In addition, her marketing projects have earned several Your Honor Awards from the Legal Marketing Association, Midwest Region, Minnesota Local Group. One of Debbie’s favorite projects was producing “Minnesota Law, Presented by Moss & Barnett,” a popular public affairs program that aired on WCCO Radio and was hosted by Moss & Barnett from 2008 to 2012.
- Manage all aspects of the firm website, www.lawmoss.com.
- Managed and launched three iterations of firm website.
- Created and manage all of the firm’s social media presence, including LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Integral participation in creation and distribution of the firm’s quarterly newsletters.
- Prepare and distribute all firm email marketing campaigns.
- Manage all lawyer, paralegal, and practice area profiles and professional photos.
- Prepare all press releases and act as liaison for media relations.
- Manage collateral marketing materials program.
- Integral participation in the creation of advertising and public relations initiatives.
- Manage firm’s participation in firm and corporate events.
- Manage nomination and selection process in various publications, such as Super Lawyers and The Best Lawyers in America, and act as liaison with those organizations.
- Assist lawyers and practice areas with individual marketing initiatives.
- Launched and produced radio program “Minnesota Law” in partnership with WCCO Radio.
- Managed firm rebranding in 2006 and brand refreshes in 2013 and 2019.
Augsburg University, MN
Anoka Ramsey Community College
Honors & Recognitions
Legal Marketing Association, Minnesota Chapter, President’s Scholarship to attend LMA Annual Conference (2015)
Constant Contact, “All Star Award Winner” (2013, 2015-2018)
Legal Marketing Association, Minnesota Chapter, Your Honor Awards in “Websites” category – second place for www.lawmoss.com (2013)
Minnesota Lawyer, “Unsung Legal Heroes” (2012)
Legal Marketing Association, Minnesota Chapter, Your Honor Awards in Business Development/Training Initiatives category – second place for “Minnesota Law, Presented by Moss & Barnett” (2008)
Legal Marketing Association, Minnesota Chapter, Your Honor Awards in “Promotional/Collateral Materials and Web Sites” category – third place for “2006 Report to Clients” (2007)
News & Insights
- Legal Marketing Association-Minnesota Chapter April 2015 Program, IDS Conference Center, IDS Center, 80 South Eighth Street, Minneapolis, MN, 04.22.2015
- Fast Horse Voices Series, 06.01.2021
- Member, Legal Marketing Association (2006-present)
- Member, Public Relations SIG, Legal Marketing Association
- Member, Small Firm/Solo Marketer SIG, Legal Marketing Association
- Member, Social Media SIG, Legal Marketing Association
- Member (2006-present), Member-at-large (2016-2017), Program committee chair (2016-2017), Program committee member (2014-2015), Legal Marketing Association – Minnesota Local Group Steering Committee
- Volunteer, Crew 52, Minnesota Super Bowl Host Committee (2018)
- Member, Board of Directors, Edison Community & Sports Foundation (2012-2015)