Chris concentrates his practice on commercial financing, construction and real estate lending, SBA lending, and secured transactions; representing banks and financial institutions of all sizes as well as life insurance companies, credit unions, and securitized investors. He manages all aspects of the financing process, from structuring the deal to documenting, negotiating, and closing the transaction. In addition to assisting clients with due diligence review – including title, survey, and environmental – Chris works on government-related issues such as tax-increment financing and tax-exempt financing and oversees collateral securitization. Chris has also served on the board of directors of a local bank and bank holding company.
Known for his deep-rooted work ethic, Chris prides himself on highly responsive, detail-oriented client service. He treats every matter with a sense of urgency and provides practical, real-world legal advice to facilitate his clients’ goals.
Chris also has extensive experience representing secured lenders in loan workouts, debt restructurings, foreclosures, collection and enforcement actions, liquidations and receiverships, and other creditors’ remedies. He advises and represents businesses, real estate developers, and institutional clients in a variety of business, commercial finance, and commercial real estate matters varying in complexity and size.
- Representing financial institutions and life companies in construction and commercial real estate transactions throughout the United States.
- Representing financial institutions and secured investors in commercial and industrial lines of credit and term loans and asset-based lending.
- Representing financial institutions in various forms of tax-exempt bond financing transactions.
- Representing financial institutions in various forms of government guaranteed financing.
- Representing developers and secured investors in various forms of commercial real estate and business transactions.
William Mitchell College of Law, J.D.
Northeastern University, B.S.; magna cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
News & Insights
- Midwest Real Estate News, 01.05.2023
- Midwest Real Estate News, 12.01.2021
- Midwest Real Estate News, 10.01.2020
- Midwest Real Estate News, 09.19.2019
- Winter 2016 Firm Newsletter, 03.01.2016