Brittney assists clients in all family-related matters, including parenting, support, division of assets, stepparent and same-sex adoptions, antenuptial agreements, and many other issues confronting modern families. Brittney has extensive experience with cases involving complex social and financial issues at both the trial and appellate court levels.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Brittney clerked for the Honorable Anne K. McKeig and the Honorable Jane B. Ranum in Hennepin County Family Court, gaining invaluable insight into the court’s perspective on family law litigation.
Brittney has worked with the Family Court Enhancement Project and on legal and legislative projects related to the Minnesota Domestic Abuse Act. She currently contributes time and experience to help improve how domestic abuse cases are handled in family court, and she has written and presented extensively on domestic violence’s impact on family law matters.
During law school, Brittney earned honors for legal writing and served as a student director of the university’s Human Rights Litigation and International Advocacy Clinic.
- Honorable Anne K. McKeig, Hennepin County Family Court
- Honorable Jane B. Ranum, Hennepin County Family Court
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.; magna cum laude
Drake University, B.A., English and Political Science; summa cum laude
Honors & Recognitions
Minnesota Rising Stars (2019-present)
Best Lawyers: One to Watch (2021)
Upper Midwest Human Rights Fellowship
News & Insights
- The Best Lawyers in America, 08.20.2020
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Our Lawyers Listed to Minnesota “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” Lists for 202007.20.2020
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Fall 2019 edition), 12.16.2019
- Moss & Barnett Congratulates Its Lawyers Named to Minnesota “Super Lawyers” and “Rising Stars” Lists for 201907.05.2019
- Moss & Barnett’s Family Law Team is Pleased to be a Sponsor of HCBA’s Family Law & Civil Litigation | Best Practices: Special Considerations for Bench Trials and Evidentiary Hearings CLEAtlas Grill & Clubroom 200 South Sixth Street, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 02.20.2019
- Global Rights for Women free continuing legal education seminar, Nilan Johnson Lewis PA, 120 South Sixth Street, Suite 400, Minneapolis, MN 55402, 09.15.2017
- Radisson Blu Mall of America, 2100 Killebrew Drive, Bloomington, MN 55425, 10.14.2016
- Upper Landing Park, 180 Shepard Road, St. Paul, MN, 09.17.2016
- Moss & Barnett Advocate (Summer 2019 edition), 08.05.2019
- Family Advocate, Volume 40, No. 4 (Spring 2018), Parentage and the Modern Family*, 04.23.2018
- Global Rights for Women*, 12.08.2016
- Global Rights for Women*, 05.24.2016
- American Bar Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts – Minnesota
- Co-secretary, Hennepin County Bar Association – Family Law Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Investigator, Fourth District Ethics Committee