Brittany advises individuals, businesses, and lenders in real estate, corporate, and lending transactions. This includes lenders that originate and sell multifamily mortgage loans to Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. Her goals with every transaction are to ease her client’s concerns and to make sure her clients are as protected as they can be with the documents they sign. She provides peace of mind that all contracts will be understandable and accurate. She ensures any closing involved in the transaction will go smoothly.
Brittany has a diverse professional background that gives her a unique perspective as an attorney. She has worked for a Fortune 500 utility company where most of her time was spent analyzing real estate documents, including easements, deeds, and leases. This experience allowed her to work closely with internal business clients and provide guidance on handling risks associated with the transaction. Brittany has also clerked for a Hennepin County judge and managed a caseload of 200 criminal cases. Through this experience, she has handled many sensitive and confidential matters.
Clients appreciate Brittany’s enthusiasm and ability to help them achieve their goals in an efficient manner. She brings a focused and positive energy to legal matters that at times can feel overwhelming to the parties involved.
- Represented an individual in a $20 million stock sale.
- Represented an individual in forming a company to own rental property in Minneapolis.
- Represented a couple selling $1.5 million Lake Minnetonka property.
- Represented a business purchasing development property and obtaining a $22 million construction and term loan.
- Represented a business purchasing an $8 million commercial building.
- Represented lender providing a $13 million refinance loan.
- Honorable William H. Koch, Hennepin County Criminal Court, Minnesota District Court, Fourth Judicial District
University of St. Thomas School of Law, J.D.
College of Saint Benedict, B.A.
Honors & Recognitions
University of St. Thomas School of Law
- Dean’s List; Dean’s Award for Executive Perspectives in Ethics and Compliance; Senior Editor of Journal of Law and Public Policy
College of Saint Benedict
- Honor’s Program, Regent’s/Trustee’s Scholarship, President’s Scholarship
News & Insights
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Real Property Law and Business Law Sections
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women
- Volunteer Investigator, Fourth District Ethics Committee (2015-present)
- Mentor, University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program (2019-present)