Alex uses his legal, business, and analytical skills to add value to clients across a broad array of business and legacy planning needs. He provides strategic advice to clients in the areas of contract law, entity formation, fundraising, commercial transactions, succession planning, mergers and acquisitions, and general business practices. Alex is also well-known for advising emerging companies and entrepreneurs on a suite of startup matters. Because each business has unique goals and objectives and faces distinct challenges, Alex focuses on understanding these challenges as well as the business’s vision to creatively problem solve and offer business and legal advice.
Additionally, Alex provides general counsel services to private and family owned companies and entrepreneurs. He represents business clients in a variety of corporate and transactional matters throughout the business life cycle, including entity startup and formation, financing and capital fundraising, corporate governance and buy-sell agreements, strategic planning and development, real estate issues and transactions, attracting and retaining key employees, selling the business and acquiring new businesses, and business succession planning and exit strategies. Alex also advises high-net-worth individuals and families on wealth preservation, family succession, and estate planning.
Alex’s client roster spans a variety of industries – including investment funds; tech companies; construction and real estate development companies; and companies in the sports and entertainment, manufacturing, agribusiness, retail, and professional services industries.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.; cum laude; Legal Research and Writing and Law in Practice honors
Saint John's University, Collegeville, B.A.; magna cum laude
Honors & Recognitions
North Star Lawyer, Minnesota State Bar Association (2016-present)
News & Insights
- Finding a Uniform Application of Law to Protect Public Employee Political Speech and Political AffiliationABA Journal of Labor & Employment Law, Vol. 29, No. 3 (Spring 2014), pp. 563-581, 04.01.2014
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Stearns-Benton Bar Association
- Board member, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota
- Co-founder, Granite City Business Professionals
- Volunteer and member, Rotaract
- Volunteer, St. John's Alumni Network
- Volunteer, LegalCORPS
- Mentor, Donald McNeely Center for Entrepreneurship
- Big Brother, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Minnesota