Aaron is a member of Moss & Barnett's litigation team assisting businesses and individuals with all of their litigation needs. A former law clerk to the Honorable Francis J. Magill, Aaron has experience in shareholder derivative actions, close corporations, real estate litigation, trusts and estates, construction disputes, employment litigation, trade secrets, malpractice actions, and property tax litigation.
As a member of the International Association of Privacy Professionals, Aaron holds the organization’s ANSI/ISO accredited Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) designation. Being a former network systems engineer, software programmer, and data security consultant, Aaron is uniquely positioned to assist clients in the area of information technology litigation and related risk analysis.
- Successfully defended against a city’s attempt to use an emergency injunction to accomplish an unlawful taking. A Minnesota city attempted to secure an easement by temporary injunction over a stormwater retention basin, buffer areas, and other infrastructure on our client’s land, which were the remnants of an abandoned development project. Our team convinced the court to deny the city’s motion for a temporary injunction and secured dismissal of the city’s action, in which it was seeking a permanent easement over our client’s land.
- Secured a favorable jury verdict and post-verdict relief in an employment litigation matter after a weeklong trial and motion practice.
University of Minnesota Law School, J.D.; cum laude; Book Award Recipient; concentration in Health Law and Bioethics
University of Toronto, B.S.; honors
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US)
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
News & Insights
- How Can Innovations at the Intersection of Law and Technology Influence Practice, Pedagogy and Scholarship in Law?The New Realism in Business Law and Economics Conference, University of Minnesota Law School, Mondale Hall, 229 19th Avenue South Minneapolis, MN 55455, 11.07.2019
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals