Todd Anlauf represents financial institutions throughout the United States in their commercial real estate lending investments. He negotiates, structures, documents, and closes complex transactions, including multiple property portfolio loans, multiple jurisdiction portfolio loans, and leasehold financing transactions.
Todd has broad experience handling complex loans for a full range of properties, including multifamily, hotel, office, industrial, retail, medical office buildings, medical facilities, golf courses, marinas, and commercial condominiums.
Clients and other parties to transactions appreciate his efficiency and responsiveness, as well as his ability to bring creativity to solving problems and resolving disagreements between parties when they arise. Todd draws upon extensive contacts and relationships with mortgage bankers, title companies, property owners, and counsel across the United States in order to effectively close transactions.
Representative matters include:
- Led a multiple state and property industrial portfolio transaction on behalf of a lender.
- Led a $65 million loan transaction for a multiple property apartment portfolio loan that involved a complex mortgage assignment process.
- Handled complex ground leasehold financing transaction on behalf of a lender for a medical office building.
- Served as national office leasing counsel to Fortune 50 company.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Real Property Section
Honors & Recognition
- Elected Fellow of American College of Real Estate Lawyers (ACREL), 2014
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – Rising Stars, 2004-2011
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., magna cum laude, "Hamline Law Review"
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, B.S., Natural Resources
Classes / Seminars Taught
- “Representing a Landlord in Lease Negotiations While Keeping the Property 'Financeable' in the Eyes of a Lender,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Annual Real Estate Institute, November 2013 – Presenter and Materials Author
- “Real Estate Refresher,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Annual Business Law Institute, May 2013 – Presenter and Materials Author
- “Representations and Warranties in Commercial Real Estate Transactions,” Modern Real Estate Transactions Class, Hamline University School of Law, February 2012 – Guest Instructor
- “Commercial Real Estate Purchase Agreements: 7 Key Issues in the Current Marketplace,” Minnesota Continuing Legal Education, Annual Real Estate Institute, November 2011 – Panelist/Presenter
- “Sources of Real Estate Funding; Creative Solutions in Difficult Times,” Minnesota CLE Web-seminar, April 2009 – Presenter
- “Sources of Real Estate Funding: Descriptions and Profiles of Common Real Estate Loans and Lenders,” 2007 Real Estate Institute Seminar, St. Paul, MN – Presenter and Materials Author
- “The Important Role of an Attorney in a Residential Real Estate Transaction,” 2005 Real Estate Institute Seminar, St. Paul, MN – Presenter and Materials Author
- Minneapolis Regional Chamber of Commerce – Board of Directors and General Counsel, 2009-2016; Leadership Twin Cities Program, 2007-2008; Steering Committee, 2008-2012