Focused on communications and real estate law, paralegal Terri L. Hammer has more than 20 years of experience as a legal assistant and paralegal. She is extensively involved in communications and regulatory compliance issues on behalf of entities around the country. Her experience includes:
- Franchise renewal proceedings
- Competitive overbuilds
- Municipal broadband and wireless applications
- Right-of-way matters
- Tower lease reviews
- Ordinance drafting and related issues
Terri tracks the status of regulatory proceedings for clients. This includes matters before state and federal regulatory commissions, with emphasis on FCC proceedings.
In addition, Terri serves as a state commission's franchise administrator for a Minneapolis-area cable operator with more than 65,000 subscribers. She assists in monitoring regulatory compliance by the cable operator, provides updates on legislative and judicial proceedings, oversees the commission’s budget, and processes subscriber complaints.
- National Association of Telecommunications Officers and Advisors
- Minnesota Association of Cable Television Administrators