Terese A. West focuses her practice on contract issues, business torts, creditor’s remedies, secured and unsecured financing, loan restructuring; lien priority issues; foreclosures, receiverships; professional liability; and employment issues. She assists her clients in resolving business disputes through negotiation and, when necessary, litigation. Terese emphasizes client communication throughout the course of her counsel, focusing on the legal and practical considerations involved in making business decisions.
Terese’s professional background includes several years’ experience as a controller for a closely held business. As a result, Terese has an insider’s perspective on privately held businesses and the unique challenges faced by business owners, including the allocation of limited resources.
In her speaking appearances, Terese has focused on the topic of business and the law, including the fundamentals of starting a business, regulatory compliance, risk management, loss prevention strategies, and data management.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Terese externed with a judge of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota. She also clerked for an appellate judge of the Minnesota Court of Appeals.
Terese is a Certified Public Accountant (inactive) and is a member of the Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants.
- Accountant Law
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Business Law
- Creditors' Remedies and Bankruptcy
- Employment Law
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants
Honors & Recognition
- Best Lawyer/Attorney in "The Laker & Pioneer" 2017 Readers' Choice Awards
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – "Rising Stars," 2008-2009
- CALI Award of Excellence: Employment Law
- CALI Award of Excellence: Evidence
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive), Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- Moorhead State University, Moorhead, MN, B.S.
- Sailing, biking, genealogy