Taylor D. Sztainer is a shareholder on Moss & Barnett's litigation and accountant law teams. As a business attorney specializing in litigation, Taylor understands the issues and challenges faced by the companies and professionals she represents. Taylor is dedicated to achieving cost-effective results that advance her clients' goals. She works vigorously for her clients to find creative and comprehensive solutions to their problems. While she loves litigating, Taylor has achieved great success by strategically resolving disputes early before litigation erupts, when doing so serves her clients' best interests.
As a legal advisor, Taylor is passionate about her clients and their success. If they succeed, she succeeds. Taylor works closely with her clients to ensure they receive reasoned, practical, and exceptional legal representation.
While Taylor gladly handles all of her clients' litigation needs, her areas of emphasis include:
- Employment-related disputes, including non-compete litigation, breach of contract, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims
- Business and personal torts
- Professional liability claims
- Shareholder disputes
- Commercial disputes
Prior to practicing law, Taylor was a law clerk for the Honorable Elizabeth H. Martin in Minnesota District Court’s Tenth Judicial District. Taylor is a cum laude graduate of William Mitchell College of Law, where she worked as a research assistant to two William Mitchell professors. As an undergraduate at the University of Minnesota, she received “Best Undergraduate Honors Thesis” recognition for her scholarly work.
Taylor and her husband, Lior, spend their time outside of the office with their two children, Levi and Matan, and taking in as many Minnesota Timberwolves and United games as possible.
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – "Rising Stars," 2014-Present
- North Dakota
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the District of North Dakota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN, B.A., summa cum laude, with distinction
- Minnesota State Bar Association: New Lawyers Section – Vice Chair of Outreach Committee
- Legal Aid Society – One Hour of Sharing Associates' Campaign, Co-chair
- Minnesota State Bar Association – “Wills for Heroes” Volunteer Attorney providing free legal estate planning services to Minnesota's First Responders
- Legal Aid Society – One Hour of Sharing, Moss & Barnett Solicitor and Captain of the Associates Campaign
- William Mitchell College of Law – “Mitchell Mentor Program” Mentor
- University of Minnesota Law School – “American Legal Profession” Course Volunteer Attorney