Focusing her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust, guardianship/conservatorship, and elder law, Susie King’s experience covers a broad range of services from the simple estate plan to administration of complicated estate or trust matters. Susie also works very closely with families to address issues of capacity and planning for disability or death. Susie’s advice, counsel and services include:
- Preparation of wills, trusts, powers of attorney, health care directives, and related documents
- Tax reduction strategies
- Guardianship and Conservatorship
- Probate Administration and Trust Administration
- Elder Law, including addressing concerns of capacity and planning for long-term care
Susie is a frequent speaker on an array of issues such as capacity, incapacity and undue influence, health care directives, and guardianships and conservatorships. She has been a guest presenter for Minnesota CLE, Ramsey County Bar Association, Aging Services of Minnesota, and others.
In addition to speaking, Susie has contributed to published works, including “The Proliferation of Litigating Capacity within the Increased Aging Population,” in Inside the Minds: Recent Developments in Elder Law (Aspatore Books, 2011), and “Contested Guardianship and Conservatorship Proceedings” in Hennepin County Lawyer. Most recently, Susie assisted with the updating and revision of the Guardianship and Conservatorship Law Handbook published through Minnesota CLE.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – "Rising Stars," 2017, 2018
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS, B.A.
- Minnesota State Bar Foundation Board of Directors
In her free time, Susie enjoys watching the Kansas Jayhawks and spending time with her husband and her daughters, Fiona and Ingrid.