As an attorney at Moss & Barnett, Sarah Doerr focuses her practice in the areas of bankruptcy and creditors' remedies. She has experience in both individual and commercial bankruptcy matters and represents secured and unsecured creditors. She also counsels clients in matters related to bankruptcy, insolvency, and restructuring.
In her creditors' remedies practice, Sarah defends and counsels debt buyers and debt collection agencies in connection with Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, and related consumer-protection statutes and regulations.
Her areas of advice and counsel include:
- Creditors’ rights
- Business and commercial litigation
- Class action litigation
- Banking litigation
- Bankruptcy litigation and corporate restructuring
Sarah has experience in complex class action defense and has represented clients nationwide in large and small contract disputes, workers’ compensation matters, and cases involving telecommunications, trade secrets, consumer fraud, securities, and financial services. Sarah is a member of the ACA International Members' Attorney Program (MAP).
- ACA International – Minnesota Attorney State Chair, 2017-2018
- ACA International Members' Attorney Program (MAP)
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Super Lawyers – "Rising Stars," 2012-2017
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- The University of Michigan Law School, Ann Arbor, MI, J.D.; "University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform," Articles Editor
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN, B.A., magna cum laude
Classes / Seminars Taught
- "Bankruptcy 101" – presentation for credit professionals, Sioux Falls, SD, March 2012
- "Piercing the Veil: Personal Liability for Corporate Debt" – NBI Seminars and webcast, November 2011
- Hennepin County Bar Association Leaders Impacting the Nonprofit Community (LINC) – 2008 Program Graduate