Moss & Barnett real estate attorneys represent clients in all aspects of acquisition, development, leasing, sale, and financing transactions. Our clients include business entities of all sizes working in a wide variety of industries, and some of the nation’s largest real estate investment banks, national and state banks, and life insurance companies.
Known for its timeliness and efficiency in real estate matters, Moss & Barnett represents clients in such areas as:
- Purchase and sales
- Acquisition financing, supplemental financing, and refinancing
- Commercial, industrial, retail, and office leases
- Communications and power transmission infrastructure development
- Land use regulation and zoning
- Residential, commercial, and mixed-use development projects
- Real estate tax protests and appeals
- Boundary line disputes
- Title to registered land, Torrens proceedings
- Title insurance matters
- Identification and resolution of title and survey problems
- Commercial foreclosure and workouts
- Like Kind and other tax-deferred exchanges
- Tenants in common (TIC) investments and ownership structures
- Common Interest Community (CIC) setup
- Environmental assessment and compliance
- Local real estate counsel to support out-of-state clients and multistate transactions
When representing landlords or tenants, Moss & Barnett attorneys negotiate and prepare leases for retail, office, industrial, and warehouse space. Our attorneys stay current with the latest market trends and lease terms in order to provide maximum value to our clients.
Purchases and Sales
In representing buyers and sellers, we guide our clients through all phases of acquisitions and dispositions of residential and commercial real estate projects, from negotiation to due diligence, document preparation, and closing.
Development and Land Use
Experienced in managing the entire development process, Moss & Barnett attorneys advise and counsel developers, from initial letters of intent and purchase agreement, through expert due diligence review, including analysis of title and survey. We typically also help to oversee the financing of development projects, obtain zoning approvals and entitlements, and work with city and other development authorities to negotiate and secure easements and other agreements.
Real Estate Financings
Moss & Barnett attorneys have substantial experience representing lenders and borrowers in their financing of a variety of real estate projects. We regularly negotiate, draft, and close financings involving construction loans, forward commitments, bridge loans, term loans, or revolving lines of credit.
Multifamily Housing Practice
A major area of our experience is in the closing and delivery of loans secured by multifamily projects to secondary market investors such as Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. In the past decade, Moss & Barnett has closed thousands of Freddie Mac loans representing billions of dollars in all regions of the country. Our work in this area includes a wide range of multifamily housing developments, including market-rate, affordable, senior housing and assisted-living, condominiums, cooperatives, new construction, and rehabilitation.