The practice focus for Nancy M. Kiskis is in the area of estate planning, which includes planning for death and disability, health care planning, charitable giving, and income, gift, and estate tax planning.
Her experience in estate planning covers a broad range of services, from the simplest contingency planning to more complex plans designed to transfer assets and minimize taxes. Nancy’s advice, counsel, and services include:
- Wills, revocable trusts, probate avoidance, powers of attorney, and health care directives
- Advanced wealth transfer planning, including gifting programs, irrevocable trusts, qualified retirement plan/IRA distribution planning, and gift tax returns
- Planning for those affected by Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, or other disabilities
- Charitable planning, including charitable remainder trusts, charitable lead trusts, and private/family foundations
- Business and investment planning, including family limited partnerships, family limited liability companies, fractional/minority interest discount planning, and shareholder buy/sell agreements
- Post-mortem services, including disclaimer planning, probate administration, trust administration, and estate tax returns
- Guardianships and conservatorships
Nancy has personal and professional expertise in working with families affected by Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other disabilities. The strategies she helps develop allow clients to attain their objectives while minimizing estate and gift taxes, generation skipping taxes, and income taxes.
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Past Chairperson, Foundation's Investment Committee
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, B.S.