Mitchell H. Cox practices in the areas of general corporate, business, real estate, mergers and acquisitions, franchise, communications, and construction law. A veteran business law attorney, Mitch is the chairperson of Moss & Barnett's commercial department and business law teams. He also is a member of the firm's real estate and regulated industries practice teams.
Comprehensive Counsel in Business, Real Estate, and Franchise Law
Areas of Mitch’s extensive experience include the formation, organization, financing, and capital structure of partnerships, corporations, limited liability companies, and other legal entities. He also has a significant background in advising and counseling in reorganizations, acquisitions, sales, and mergers of businesses in many industries.
In the real estate area, Mitch represents sellers, purchasers, landlords, property managers, tenants, contractors, subcontractors, design builders, and developers in a broad range of transactions. This includes the purchase, sale, leasing, financing, construction, and development of a variety of projects.
Mitch also has developed considerable proficiency in all areas of franchise law and represents both franchisors and franchisees.
Listed in Minnesota Super Lawyers, including in the “Top 40 Business and Commercial Transactions" and "Top 100" lists by its predecessor publication, Minnesota Law & Politics, Mitch places great importance on client service and provides comprehensive, efficient, and cost-effective solutions to a variety of business and legal challenges.
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Business Law
- Employment Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Finance
- Real Estate
- Regulated Industries
- Wealth Preservation and Estate Planning
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2003-2006, 2009-Present
- Minnesota Law & Politics – "Top 40 Business and Commercial Transactions," 2005 & 2006
- Minnesota Law & Politics – "Top 100," 2005
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Minnesota-Duluth, Duluth, MN, B.B.A.