A zealous advocate of creditors' remedies, Michael T. Etmund practices in the areas of collection, breach of contract, and in the defense of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), and other consumer protection statutes.
Mike has earned a reputation for his efficient methods and his ability to obtain high recovery rates, even in potentially volatile situations. He regularly represents creditors, including corporations and other general business entities, in contract, compliance, and commercial collection matters. Mike is a member of ACA International Members' Attorney Program (MAP), which offers members resources to help defense, collection, and in-house attorneys enhance representation to ACA members.
- ACA International Members’ Attorney Program (MAP)
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- New York State Collectors Association
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D.
- Marist College, Poughkeepsie, NY, B.S., cum laude, Business Administration, Finance
Classes / Seminars Taught
- “Post Judgment Collections - Getting Debtors to Pay” – National Business Institute webcast, May 2011
- “Collection Law from Start to Finish” – Pre-suit Collection Strategies Presenter, June 2010