Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist, Matt Korogi represents institutional and life insurance lenders and investors in all aspects of commercial real estate financing on a national scale, with particular emphasis on title and survey review and other due diligence matters. He also has experience advising both landlords and tenants in drafting and negotiating commercial leases, including retail, industrial and office leases.
- Handled all aspects of legal due diligence matters on a $19 million mortgage loan for a multisite industrial property portfolio located in Texas.
- Handled all aspects of legal due diligence matters on a $2 million mortgage loan for a multiparcel retail development located in Wisconsin.
- Handled all aspects of legal due diligence matters on a $5 million leasehold mortgage loan on a ground lease located in a mixed use development in Oregon.
- Handled all aspects of legal due diligence matters on a $65 million mortgage loan for a multifamily loan portfolio for properties located in New York.
- Examined titles and served as underwriting counsel on behalf of a national title insurance company on hundreds of transactions for properties located in the Upper Midwest on deals ranging from $250,000 to $50 million.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- "Minnesota Rising Stars," 2007
- Highest Grade Award in Legal Research and Writing
- CALI Excellence for the Future – Legal Research and Writing and Professional Responsibility
Certifications / Specialties
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Certified Real Property Law Specialist
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Minnesota-Twin Cities, Minneapolis, MN, B.A., Sociology of Law
In his time away from work, Matt enjoys spending time with his family, working out, reading, watching sports, and listening to Pearl Jam.