A Certified Labor and Employment Law Specialist, Marcy R. Frost advises businesses on the full spectrum of legal issues concerning their workforces. She works with clients to develop employment policies and manuals and on the best methods to communicate policies effectively to their employees.
Marcy understands that the proper management of employee relations is critical to business success and collaborates with clients to achieve this goal. When addressing hiring, firing, and other changes in employment status, Marcy serves as a trusted resource for the numerous questions that arise.
Crafting Distinctive Critical Agreements
Known for her talent to protect employers through her use of precise written expression in drafting contracts, Marcy communicates the subtleties of complex transactions in clear language.
Marcy drafts agreements covering employment, independent contractors, confidentiality, non-competition, and separation terms that maximize her clients' rights and competitive advantage. She crafts agreements, from the mundane to the unusual, for businesses of all sizes and natures that capture her clients’ intent while avoiding the pitfalls of ambiguous language.
Employment Claims, Litigation, and IP Representation
Marcy’s experience litigating employment disputes enhances her ability to guide managers and human resources personnel through the complex maze of statutes and regulations involved in hiring, disciplining, managing, and discharging employees. She also has significant experience responding on behalf of employers to claims of discrimination filed with local, state, and federal agencies.
In addition, Marcy applies her litigation and general business experience in the field of intellectual property and assists clients in the protection and enforcement of trade matters.
Marcy is a prominent leader in several charitable and faith-based organizations, including serving on the board of directors and leadership committee of Families Moving Forward, a faith-based organization working with more than 40 religious congregations to provide homeless families with emergency shelter. She also has chaired the steering committee of the Downtown Congegations to End Homelessness, an interfaith organization that focuses on education, direct service, and advocacy.
In addition, she serves as an ombudsman for Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, a program of the United States Department of Defense. Moss & Barnett recognized Marcy’s commitment to community service by presenting her with its Paul Van Valkenburg Community Service Award in 2008.
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Section, 2012-2013
Honors & Recognition
- Paul Van Valkenburg Community Service Award, 2008
Certifications / Specialties
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Labor and Employment Law Specialist
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., magna cum laude; Order of the Coif
- University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI, B.A., with distinction
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve – Ombudsman, 2007-present
- LegalCORPS – Volunteer
- Families Moving Forward, a program of Beacon Interfaith Housing Collaborative – Board/Leadership Committee, 2008-present, Past chairperson
- Women of Reform Judaism – Temple Israel Sisterhood President, 2005-2007 and Board Member, 2002-present; Midwest District President, 2012-2014; North American Board member, 2007–present
- Downtown Congregations to End Homelessness - Interfaith Action Team, 2012-present; Steering Committee, 2009-12; Steering Committee Chair, 2014-2016
- Temple Israel – Docent and Daily Worship Leader, 2007-present