As an intellectual property paralegal and docketing specialist, Kevin Austad has an informed and up-to-date understanding of patent prosecution (America Invents Act and Pre-America Invents Act), extensive experience with various docketing databases, including Foundation IP, Memotech, InproTech, and Computer Packages, Inc., and considerable experience leading large teams with large client workloads. Utilizing Six Sigma methodology, he assists with the creation and revision of internal processes geared towards improved turnaround times, while maintaining accuracy and assisting team members on understanding the same processes.
Kevin is responsible for:
- Preparing, filing, and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications
- Conducting prior art searches electronically
- Drafting correspondence to the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), various foreign patent offices, and foreign associates
- Patent mapping
- Preparing Transfers-In and Transfers-Out
- Monitoring deadlines
- Data accuracy
Kevin’s work as a docketing specialist includes docketing all USPTO, international, and foreign patent office correspondence. In addition, he maintains data integrity within the CPI docketing system, monitors patent deadlines, oversees payment of all annuities/ maintenance fees, and assists with the creation of patent maps to ensure that all data is accurate within our databases for each of our clients.
- Minneapolis Business College, Roseville, MN, Associates Degree in Office Administration