Kendra Bader advises corporate business owners and family businesses on how to achieve their business and succession planning goals. She advises clients on corporate law, mergers and acquisitions, and business succession planning, always with an eye toward her clients' financial and estate planning needs. Kendra counsels businesses and entrepreneurs on all stages of business formation and governance, and she advises privately held companies through the full range of legal issues they confront on a regular basis, including shareholder relationships, statutory compliance, drafting and review of agreements, and other general legal and business concerns. She represents clients in a wide range of industries including manufacturing, sports and entertainment, food and beverage, medical, real estate, construction and services.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Kendra worked at a boutique law firm analyzing and litigating avoidance actions in corporate bankruptcies and representing Fortune 500 companies in commercial litigation and collection matters. With experience advising on both litigation and transactions, and having worked with both insolvent and healthy companies, Kendra brings unique insight to the legal and business advice she provides to clients.
In 2013, Kendra helped found the Minnesota chapter of the International Women's Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation, an international organization devoted to connecting and promoting women in the insolvency and restructuring industries. Prior to entering private practice, Kendra served as a judicial extern for the Honorable Annette Plese of the Spokane County Superior Court in 2009 and in the Washington Court of Appeals, District III, in 2010.
- Business Law
- Wealth Preservation and Estate Planning
- Creditors' Remedies and Bankruptcy
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Finance
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Bankruptcy Section – Member
- International Women's Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (IWIRC) – Member
- IWIRC-Minnesota Network – Immediate Past Co-chair, March 2017-present; Co-chair, March 2015-March 2017; Vice-Chair, March 2013-March 2015; Co-founder, March 2013
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) – Member
- TMA Minnesota Chapter – Board Member, Women's Events Committee
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- Gonzaga University School of Law, Spokane, Washington, J.D.; "Gonzaga Journal of International Law," Associate Editor
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC, B.A.
Kendra has represented pro bono clients in general business matters through the LegalCORPS business advice clinic. She has also advised pro bono clients in immigration law matters.
When she is not in the office, Kendra can usually be found enjoying the outdoors with her husband and their two sons and rescue dogs.