Kelly McGinty is an attorney with Moss & Barnett practicing with the firm's litigation and accountant law teams. She assists businesses and individuals with their litigation needs, including commercial and business disputes, contractor side construction industry disputes, professional liability claims, personal torts, and a variety of other areas.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Kelly clerked for the Honorable Margaret H. Chutich at the Minnesota Court of Appeals. She is a summa cum laude graduate of William Mitchell College of Law, where she served as Executive Editor of the William Mitchell Law Review and was a member of the National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Team.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Minnesota Women Lawyers
Honors & Recognition
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Employment Law
- Third Best Oralist at the National Native American Law Students Association Moot Court Competition
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., summa cum laude
- Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B.S., School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- American Bandy Association – Board Member
- William Mitchell College of Law – “Mitchell Mentor Program” Mentor
Kelly is currently a member of the United States Women's National Bandy Team (which represented the United States at the 2014 Bandy World Championships in Finland), and she was the captain of the Cornell University Women's Ice Hockey Team while attending Cornell University. In addition to bandy and ice hockey, Kelly enjoys horseback riding and pheasant and duck hunting.