Katie Pivec is a member of our firm’s real estate and infrastructure practice groups, focusing her practice on zoning, municipal law, and commercial leasing. She is a member of a team serving one of the nation’s largest wireless communications companies and, in that capacity, counsels client stakeholders on a myriad of issues.
Prior to her work at Moss & Barnett, Katie practiced for several years as a transactional attorney, focusing on the needs of closely held business clients. She also worked in-house for a large technology company as a research attorney and for a commercial real estate management group.
After growing up in the Twin Cities, Katie received her bachelor’s degree in English from Tulane University in New Orleans. Following college, Katie returned to Minneapolis and attended the University of Minnesota Law School. She graduated magna cum laude and was selected as the Lead Outside Editor for the Journal of Law and Inequality.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., magna cum laude
- Newcomb College, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, B.A., cum laude
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Adjunct Professor in Constitutional Law – Minneapolis Community and Technical College
- "Real Estate Series: Location, Location, Location: What About Access?" – Minnesota CLE, Jan. 26, 2016
Katie enjoys live music, new restaurants, Minnesota's beautiful lakes, and spending time with her husband, Adam, and her twin daughters, Pearl and Cecilia.