In his litigation practice, John P. Boyle practices primarily in the areas of commercial dispute resolution, complex business litigation, lender liability, shareholder and corporate governance, and employment matters. John practices in both state and federal courts throughout the country, as well as in governmental agency proceedings and arbitration forums.
John's past litigation focus includes:
- Representing businesses in complex contract disputes
- Defending lender liability claims against lenders and subsequent debt buyers
- Handling shareholder disputes involving claims of breach of fiduciary duty, wrongful acts by corporate officials, or oppression of minority shareholders
- Defending employers from claims of discrimination and sexual harassment brought by employees or by governmental agencies
- Defending businesses in claims based on negligence or a breach of a duty of care by the business or its employees
- Advising clients on steps that can be taken to avoid exposure to commercial liability and the risk of litigation
Placing a high value on communicating with his clients and to representing his clients as cost-effectively as possible, John presents comprehensive solutions to the complex challenges faced by businesses today. His cordial, full-service approach ensures that his clients remain well informed throughout the entire legal process. John’s litigation style is known as aggressive, yet fair, honest, professional, and responsive.
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Civil Litigation Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., cum laude
- St. Johns University, Collegeville, MN, M.A.
- St. Meinrad College, St. Meinrad, IN, B.A., cum laude
- Saint John’s School of Theology•Seminary, Board of Overseers – Former Chairperson and Current Member
- Served on various civic, church and school boards, and commissions and extensive involvement in youth sports programs