In her real estate law practice, Jennifer A. Reussé places an emphasis on multifamily housing finance and development. She primarily represents lenders in connection with the financing of various projects, including the origination of loans that are sold to Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, also known as Freddie Mac. Her responsibilities as lender’s counsel include negotiating and drafting loan document modifications and examination and analysis of due diligence, entity organizational documents, trusts, land use restriction agreements, regulatory agreements (including low-income housing tax credits, bonds, tax abatement), condominium and homeowners association documents, title, and surveys. She also represents lenders with respect to loans secured by non-real estate assets.
Another significant part of her practice is the representation of a large regional utility with respect to real estate finance, title, and UCC matters. Much of her work on behalf of this client relates to a multistate bond indenture that is one of the largest mortgages in Minnesota.
In addition, Jennifer represents buyers and sellers in all phases of acquisition, finance, and disposition of residential and commercial real estate projects, including negotiation, due diligence, title review, survey review, document preparation, and closing. She also represents landlords and tenants in negotiating and preparing lease documentation for retail and office space. Her experience includes negotiation and analysis of utility easements, access easements, and shopping center covenants and operating and reciprocal easement agreements.
In-House and Corporate Background
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett in 2005, Jennifer was a real estate negotiator at Target Corporation in Minneapolis for existing Target stores. While at Target, she served as a member of the working committee that coordinated and implemented the Section 1031 Like-Kind Exchange program with respect to the sale of the Marshall Field's and Mervyn's stores and the acquisition of replacement property, which program successfully deferred tens of millions of dollars in tax liability for Target Corporation.
Prior to Target, Jennifer was associate general counsel for MetroPlains Development, LLC in St. Paul, which is a real estate development and investment firm specializing in affordable housing and historic rehabilitation developments. She began her career practicing with Lindner & Associates, P.C., a small firm in Washington, DC, specializing in real estate and business matters.
- American Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Hennepin County Bar Association – Real Property Section
- Minnesota Women Lawyers – Attorney-Law Student Mentor Program, Mentor
- Minnesota Commercial Real Estate Women (MNCREW)
Honors & Recognition
- Paul Van Valkenburg Service Award, 2010
- District of Columbia
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, DC, J.D.
- Boston College, Boston, MA, B.A., Economics, English; Omicron Delta Epsilon
- Junior League of Minneapolis – Board of Directors, 2009-2010
- Junior League of Minneapolis – Member, 2006-Present
- Hennepin County Bar Association LINC Program (Leaders Impacting the Non-Profit Community) – Graduate, 2012
- Adaptive Recreation & Learning Exchange – Volunteer ski instructor for students with disabilities, 2009-2011
- Guthrie Theatre, Minneapolis, MN – Guthrie Business Circle Committee Member, 2006-2009