An attorney who has focused on real estate and commercial law since 1974, Jeffrey L. Watson listens to the needs and concerns of each client, analyzes alternatives, and crafts creative, cost-effective solutions that deliver value to his clients.
Jeff has negotiated and documented many complex real estate financing transactions for both lenders and borrowers. He also has extensive experience in workouts and the enforcement of real estate-related remedies, including mortgage foreclosures, receiverships, and assignments of leases and rents. He has served as Minnesota counsel in multistate real estate financing transactions and has represented clients in selling, purchasing, and financing real estate in many states outside Minnesota.
Typical of his advice and counsel is Jeff’s representation of a major real estate developer in land acquisition, financing of acquisition and development, developer agreements with cities, agreements with builders for sale of developed lots, and other aspects of real estate development.
- Real Estate
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Regulated Industries
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- "Best Lawyers in America"
- "Minnesota Super Lawyers"
- Stanford Law School, Stanford, CA, J.D.
- St. Olaf College, Northfield, MN, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Mortgages and Mortgage Foreclosures seminars – Continuing Legal Education