Glen Schumann concentrates his practice in the areas of intellectual property, real estate, business, and litigation associated with each of these practice areas.
Glen received a Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering degree from the University of Minnesota and has been admitted before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office since 1984. His intellectual property practice includes patent, trademark, and copyright prosecution and litigation, including patent, copyright, and trademark infringement analysis, patent validity analysis, trade secrets, domain name and cyber-squatting claims and licensing in the United States and foreign jurisdictions. Glen has significant experience with business-method, mechanical and medical innovations.
Certified by the Minnesota State Bar Association as a Real Property Law Specialist, Glen’s real estate experience includes all aspects of real estate law and related litigation, including such matters as sales/purchases, financing, loan participations, mortgage foreclosures, receiverships, title insurance (Glen is a former title insurance agent in Minnesota and Wisconsin), leasing, landlord/tenant, cancellation of contracts for deed, adverse possession, boundary line disputes, title registrations, mechanic's liens, real estate development, zoning, 1031 exchanges, and real estate tax appeals.
Glen also counsels clients on issues related to entity formation, business sales/purchases, contracts, torts, minority shareholder disputes, church governance, and finance and has extensive experience with bankruptcy and collection.
Glen is admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and in the States of Minnesota and Wisconsin, both state and federal courts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
- Intellectual Property
- Banking and Commercial Transactions
- Multifamily and Commercial Real Estate Finance
- Real Estate
- Business Law
- Minnesota Intellectual Property Law Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Certifications / Specialties
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Certified Real Property Law Specialist
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D.
- University of Minnesota, Institute of Technology, Minneapolis, MN, B.S.M.E.