Gina DeConcini advises clients on Minnesota, multistate, federal, and international tax planning and controversy resolution, including sales, use, property, and excise taxes; multistate and multinational income taxes; and international transaction tax planning. Gina also counsels nonprofit entities on tax exemption and related governance matters. In addition, she handles tax aspects of reorganizations and mergers and acquisitions for companies ranging from emerging businesses to multinational corporations.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Gina was a partner for a national law firm for ten years, and she practiced with a Big Four accounting firm as a tax senior manager focusing in international tax planning for 14 years. She also served as the partner in charge of the tax practice for a large, local Minneapolis accounting firm where she oversaw and advised on individual, pass-through, and corporate tax matters.
Gina is a frequent speaker on tax topics and nonprofit planning matters.
- Business Law
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Corporate Finance
- Accountant Law
- Wealth Preservation and Estate Planning
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Section – Past Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, and Secretary; Legal Assistance to the Disadvantaged Committee; Pro Bono Initiative to Support Pro Se Tax Litigants (Founder)
- Minnesota State Bar Association Assembly – Past Member
- Hennepin County Bar Association, Tax Section – Past Chair and Vice-Chair
- Hennepin County Bar Association Governing Council – Past Member
Honors & Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-Present
- Minnesota State Bar Association – "North Star Lawyers," 2012-2016
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Tax Section – "Distinguished Service Award," 2013
- LegalCORPS – "Volunteer of the Year," 2011
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Madison, WI, B.A., with honors
- LegalCORPS, Executive Committee – Board Member
- Exodus House – Vounteer
- Living Well Disability Service – Volunteer