Eric J. Beecher practices primarily in Moss & Barnett’s business law and mergers, acquisitions, and corporate finance groups. As a commercial transactional attorney, he focuses on helping clients achieve their business goals by proactively addressing all manner of legal issues that can arise in the course of a company’s formation, operation, acquisition, and succession or exit. He takes great pride in harnessing his meticulous attention to detail and strong work ethic to deliver efficient legal solutions for the privately held and family-owned businesses he serves.
Before joining Moss & Barnett, Eric worked as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of Minnesota, principally in the area of state employment regulation, and clerked for the Honorable Christopher J. Dietzen of the Minnesota Supreme Court. As a law student, he spent time as an extern for Chief Judge Michael J. Davis of the U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota and as an intern in the legal department of a local Fortune 500 company.
Eric is a summa cum laude graduate of the University of St. Thomas School of Law, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the school’s law review and as a Fellow in the legal writing department. Eric also holds graduate degrees in writing and psychology and is a former public school teacher. He continues to exercise his love for teaching and learning by mentoring law students in the University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., summa cum laude; "University of St. Thomas Law Journal," Editor-in-Chief
- University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, M.S., Psychology
- University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia, M.A., Creative Writing, H1-Honors
- Duke University, Durham, NC, B.A., cum laude, with distinction in Psychology
- University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor Externship Program