Douglas Mac Arthur practices primarily in construction law, helping construction industry stakeholders with dispute resolution, litigation, contract drafting, negotiation, and insurance coverage matters. He has a strong background in the construction industry, including a B.S. in Construction Management and almost ten years as a remodeling contractor.
Prior to joining Moss & Barnett, Doug practiced construction law with a law firm representing and advising general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, developers, architects, and engineers in transactions and disputes involving residential buildings and developments, commercial projects, and industrial buildings. Prior to that, he worked under the general counsel of a large Minneapolis general contractor where he gained exposure to many legal and business matters. In addition, Doug served as a judicial extern for Minnesota Fourth Judicial District Court Judges Denise Reilly and Laurie Miller. This prior experience gives Doug a unique perspective on what is important to a company and its owners.
- Minnesota State Bar Association – Construction Law Section
- Construction Financial Management Association – CFMA Scholarship Committee Member
- Minnesota Defense Lawyers Association
- U.S. District Court of Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., magna cum laude
- Minnesota State University at Moorhead, Moorhead, MN, B.S. in Construction Management
Classes / Seminars Taught
- Construction Law for Construction Management Students: Common Legal Issues Every Project Manager Will Face – Minnesota State University of Moorhead, Construction Management Capstone Class, 2013
- Independent Elderly Service Day
- Habitat for Humanity with MSBA Construction Law Section
- Humane Society Walk for Animals
- Jeremiah Program – Late Night Leap
Outside of work, Doug enjoys sailing on Lake Pepin, running (including marathons), biking, cooking, and playing with his sons.