Counseling in the areas of estate planning, probate, trust, and taxation law, Cindy J. Ackerman guides individual and corporate clients through sophisticated wealth management and asset transfer decisions and planning. She is known for effectively combining an empathetic approach with professional prowess to achieve her clients’ business and personal goals.
Cindy’s experience includes a wide range of estate and trust administration, tax planning, and compliance and wealth preservation concerns, and matters such as:
- Antenuptial agreements
- Charitable gift planning
- Tax-exempt organizations
- Guardianships and conservatorships
- Wills and trust agreements
- Intergenerational wealth transfers
- Internal Revenue Service audits
Qualified as a CPA, Cindy regularly contributes as a co-author of major estate and trusts administration reference books published yearly by Minnesota State Bar Association Continuing Legal Education, including the recent publications, Minnesota Trust Administration, Third Edition (2014) and Minnesota Estate Administration, Fourth Edition (2012).
Cindy has also reviewed forms for the Minnesota Continuing Legal Education Probate Forms Committee, and has taught probate courses for the National Business Institute, the Minnesota Paralegal Institute, and the Institute for Paralegal Education.
- American Bar Association
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Wisconsin State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, 2014-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2013-Present
- Five-Star Investment Professional, 2017
- Five-Star Financial Services Professional, 2016
- Five-Star Estate Planning Professional, 2014
- Five-Star Wealth Manager, 2011
Certifications / Specialties
- Certified Public Accountant (inactive), Minnesota
- William Mitchell College of Law, St. Paul, MN, J.D., cum laude
- University of Minnesota, Twin Cities, B.S.B.
Classes / Seminars Taught
- National Business Institute
- Minnesota Paralegal Institute
- Institute for Paralegal Education, a Division of NBI, Inc.
- Plymouth Arts Council – Former Secretary
- Plymouth Community Foundation – Past Founding Director