Christopher D. Stall works with businesses on transactions involving all aspects of their life cycle, from formation and capital raising to joint ventures, strategic business contracts, succession planning, and exit. His practice focuses on complex business transactions, including merger and acquisition transactions, representing sellers and strategic buyers.
In addition, Chris assists business owners and individuals in developing estate and business succession plans that address their business, personal, and family objectives. He integrates the client's business planning and estate planning goals in order to meet the comprehensive needs of the business owner.
Chris has extensive experience in providing regulatory and business legal services to the insurance, financial, and professional service sectors. Prior to practicing law, his professional background included working as a tax and compliance professional in a Fortune 500 financial services company and as an analyst for an economic consulting firm.
Active in the Minnesota State Bar Association, Chris has served for many years on the committee that publishes Bench & Bar magazine. He has served on the boards of directors of various theatre, athletic, and community non-profit organizations.
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Honors & Recognition
- Minnesota Law & Politics – "Rising Stars"
- U.S. District Court for the District of Minnesota
- U.S. Tax Court
- University of Minnesota Law School, Minneapolis, MN, J.D., cum laude; Minnesota Law Review
- Carleton College, Northfield, MN, B.A., cum laude
Classes / Seminars Taught
- “Navigating Multidisciplinary Practice” – LIMRA International, Fall Conference, Charleston, SC, Oct. 2000